Pasta with Almond, Pears and Edamame Beans Recipe
Written by Simone Austin | DietitianMay 1st, 2020
- ¾ cup almonds, roasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- Ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup rocket
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 400g pasta (could use spelt or legume pasta)
- 2 medium pears, cored, cut into eight wedges
- 2 x 125g can edamame beans
- 1/3 cup parmesan, shaved
- In a food processor blend the almonds, garlic, baby spinach leaves, black pepper and gradually add in the olive oil blending until all combined. Season with a little salt.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain and reserve ½ cup of liquid. Return pasta to the saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add the pears, cooking each side for around 2 minutes until golden, add in the edamame beans and heat just a little. Drain on paper towel.
- Add the nut paste to the pasta and the reserved water, do not heat. Mix through to coat the pasta.
- Add the pear and bean mixture to the pasta and add in the rocket, tossing through gently.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.