Prawn, Asparagus and Tomato Pasta Recipe
Written by Simone Austin | DietitianApril 30th, 2020
- 800g can of tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 fresh chilli
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and add the onion and cook until soft, but not brown.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for another minute or two.
- Tip in the can of tomatoes, ground black pepper, balsamic vinegar and salt to taste.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the fresh basil and serve with your favourite pasta.